WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
The Certificate in Journaling for Wellbeing is suitable for anyone interested in health and wellbeing as well as qualified or near-qualified health and wellbeing professionals. Creative journaling has been well researched as a positive tool for improving mental, emotional and physical health.
Please note this course is designed to provide the underpinning theory of journaling for wellbeing and doesn’t include any skills development. The course carries 1 CPD point for each hour of study and can be used as a stepping stone to further training. The Certificate in Journaling for Wellbeing is part of the course offerings from my sister site Wellness Professionals at Work.
Course materials were accurate with clear and valuable insights. The knowledge and feedback from Laurel were excellent. Highly recommend the course. Wayne
HOW THE CERTIFICATE IS DELIVERED
The Certificate in Journaling for Wellbeing is taken over one year through supported distance learning. You can complete the course quicker if you choose. Features of distance learning include:
• Flexibility: Start your course anytime and learn from anywhere.
• Accreditation and credibility:
– CPD recognition from the National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP). You can apply for student membership of the NCP at the start of your study.
– CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association (CMA).
– There is the opportunity to apply for full membership of the NCP and CMA upon qualification depending on criteria fulfillment.
• Community: Access to Wellness Professionals at Work Learning Hub on Facebook. Study-buddies are encouraged.
• Materials provided: Learning materials.
• Tutor support: Quick turnaround for queries and marking (one week) with support by email, phone, post and online. You are constantly encouraged with quality feedback and challenge.
Complementary Medical Association (CMA)
Wellness Professionals at Work, is a recognized and authorized course provider of the Complementary Medical Association (CMA). This course carries CPD points (one point for every hour of study or skills development). Following successful completion of the course, you are eligible for full membership.
National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP)
The NCP is one of the longest established and prestigious societies of its type in the UK and enjoys an international reputation. Wellness Professionals at Work is an accredited provider of CPD with the NCP. Each hour of this course counts towards CPD points. You are eligible to join the NCP as a student member when you begin the course. At course completion, you can apply for full membership as long as you fulfill membership criteria.
Module 1: Creating a Mindful Writing Practice
Understanding journaling for wellbeing – mindfulness – engaging with a mindful writing practice
Module 2: Experimenting with Techniques
Clustering – dialogue – flow writing – unsent letters – lists – cubing
Module 3: Writing Personal Narratives
Defining personal narratives – narrative identity – writing narrative and scene – narrative exercises and prompts – personal storytelling
Module 4: Symbolism
Tarot – imagery – active imagination- a therapeutic metaphor
Module 5: Bibliotherapy
Using books for inspiration
Module 6: Creating Story-Parables
Creative writing for self-development – creating characters using archetypes that represent parts of ourselves and placing them in stories for healing – rewriting our stories
Each module has a 1000 word assignment.
I’m enjoying the course. I’m finding it very helpful as a transition from counseling which I finished in July. I tend to bottle things up, so journaling this regularly is helping me from doing it too much. I have never thought about the benefits or different ways to journal. It’s opened my mind to it all. I like the way the content is laid out and presented. Marie Taylor
Your fee of £499 includes:
- student membership of accrediting bodies
- CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association (CMA)
- CPD recognition from the National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP)
- opportunity to apply for full membership (NCP and CMA) upon criteria fulfillment
- access to Wellness Professionals at Work Learning Hub on Facebook
- learning materials
- tutor support by email, phone, post and online
- occasional Wellness Professionals at Work members newsletter
UK postal charges are included in the above costs. International postage will incur additional costs. Please email Laurel on firstname.lastname@example.org for an additional cost.
You can pay by bank transfer or online.
Certificate In Journaling For Wellbeing
Pay now via Paypal.
HOW TO ENROL ON THE COURSE
If you would like to enroll on the Certificate in Journaling for Wellbeing, send an email informing of your payment to email@example.com, and you will be emailed across an enrolment form to complete and return. Pay online here or contact Laurel to make a standing order or bank transfer arrangement.